There are two savings programs to help people with Medicare stretch their health care dollars.
1. Help with Part D:
The federal government’s “Extra Help” program, also called the Low Income Subsidy (LI S), saves qualifying beneficiaries money on their Medicare Part D plans. “Extra Help”:
• Reduces the monthly premium, often to $0
• Cuts the yearly deductible, often to $0
• Greatly reduces pharmacy co-pays, even on expensive medications
• Eliminates the coverage gap (“donut hole”) for all participants
You must be enrolled in a Part D plan. Your level of assistance depends on your income and resources. Once approved for “Extra Help,” you must choose a plan. If you do not choose a plan, you will be automatically enrolled in a random $0 premium plan that may not cover your specific needs.
2. Help with the Part B premium, other Medicare costs, and Part D
The Medicare Savings Programs (MSP) can help pay for the Medicare Part B premium, co-insurance, and deductible depending on your level of assistance. MSP automatically qualifies you for LIS.
If you get Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you automatically receive this financial help, however if you are receiving SSDI you are not automatically receiving this financial help and will need to apply. I f you are not sure whether your benefits are SSI or SSDI you can call us and we can help you decide.
About Estate Recovery, LIS, MSP, and Medicaid
• No estate recovery for MSP (Partial Medicaid)
• No estate recovery for LIS
• Estate recovery continues for Full Medicaid
Begin now to get help qualifying for these and other no cost programs by Clicking Here